COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Guidelines
GPC is excited to offer volunteer opportunities while following current regulations and recommendations regarding COVID-19. When volunteering, we want you to have a positive experience while respecting the safety of all participants and GPC team members. To ensure the health and safety of all our volunteers and staff, please read the following COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Guidelines carefully.
Before you volunteer:
- Familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, which include but are not limited to: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever (temperature above 100.4 F) or chills, fatigue, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting.
- Please stay home if in the last 14 days:
- You or anyone in your home have experienced symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have come in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
- All volunteers considered at higher risk should make their own decisions regarding whether to participate. According to current CDC guidelines, vulnerable populations include: individuals over the age of 65; individuals with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma; individuals whose immune system is compromised.
- If it is safe for you to volunteer, please complete the online registration for the event. All volunteers are required to complete the registration prior to the event in order to participate. If you are bringing anyone else from your household, including children, please complete the registration for each individual.
If you are fully vaccinated – meaning it has been at least a full two weeks since you have received your second dose of Moderna or Pfizer, or at least two weeks since you have received a single dose of Johnson & Johnson – you are allowed to be in most outdoor settings without a mask based on updated Center for Disease Control guidelines.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated – we ask that you please wear a mask for the full duration of the event. Please continue to maintain social distancing and avoid sharing tools, snacks, and water with those outside of your household.
The health and safety of our volunteers and staff is our first priority. All potential volunteers must agree to these safety guidelines before participating in a GPC event. Any participant that does not follow these guidelines may be asked to leave.
GPC will be continuously evaluating and updating our COVID-19 safety guidelines as information from the Healthy WA: Roadmap to Recovery reopening plan recommends.
For information about participating in GPC volunteer events, please contact Hannah at HannahM@GreatPeninsula.Org.